We are Architects, Designers & Developers. We devote our time and knowledge to understand the requirements, lifestyle, and culture before going to deal any Design projects.

Contact Us

+91 9511011100 / +91 9665017607 [email protected]

Restaurant plan layouts & tips

Restaurants Plan Layout
  • Restaurants designing not only needs designs and decors but it is important to create an atmosphere by your work.
  • Place should not be designed in a too cozy manner. Minimum space requirements should be taken into consideration.
  • After furniture and decors lighting plays the most important role in restaurant designing for creating the required mood and ambiance.
  • Designing shouldn’t be complicated. Remember it is a place to relax & serve food, so maintain the required comfort through designing.
  • Avoid curtains or partitions etc. for private cabins. Off-set the ground level to create the difference.
  • The traffic path between occupied chairs should be at least 18 inches wide.
  • One of the first steps in drawing up your seating plan is measuring the interior space of your restaurant and its areas such as the dining room, the kitchen, storage, restrooms, server station, cashier counter & waiting area and any other area that takes up floor space. The floor area of your dining room and patio if you have one will help determine your seating capacity and your seating layout.
  • The dining area should take up 60% of the floor space for a typical restaurant. The remaining 40% should be designated to the kitchen, storage, preparation and other areas.
  • The table size and shape (square, circle or rectangle will help you determine seating capacity and space requirements.



Restaurant Design Process:-

The paces in the restaurant design process can be enlarged or subsided to suit your tastes for level of detail.  There are hundreds of inter-reliant decisions and steps.  Generally, the timing of these projects can range from several very intense weeks to potentially a year or more for large-scale development projects moving at a steady pace.

As restaurant design consultants, our complete process is proprietary.  We’ll be augmenting this blog with a follow-up piece on a summary of the process we undertake, but one thing that cannot be over-emphasized is the importance of starting with a very solid restaurant brand constitution/platform.  It’s better to spend more time in planning and soft costs of development with an experienced pro than to rush into the design and then try to undo mistakes later.  It’s much easier to make a change on a digital file than it is to change a major mistake on a completed building.

Aroma Design-A restaurant should emit an aroma that’s appealing.  This doesn’t happen by accident. Without proper consideration, you may fill your restaurant with wafts of smoke or other stink.  Stimulating the senses and appetite before customers were even in the dining room.  Without smell, we would not have taste so clearly.

Acoustical Design- A restaurant engages all of the senses.  Certainly sight, smell, taste and touch, but what about sound?  Likewise, where we do or don’t hear music and ambient noise can make an impact.  For instance, many night clubs design areas that make it easy to talk to someone you met on a dance floor where you can’t hear yourself think.  Another example is the bathroom—an area where you don’t want to hear other people at all.

Lighting Design- Candles are romantic.  Red lights make us stop (and our stomachs growl, incidentally).  Low lighting can make us relaxed.  Staffs need task lighting.  Lighting is a highly specialized area of design.

Brand personality- Brands, like people, have personalities.  A person can become known for acting or behaving a certain way.  So will your brand.  The personality of your brand should be defined and programmed. This programming should happen before the first sketch of the restaurant design.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

WhatsApp chat